Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Progressively achieve and sustain income growth of the bottom 40 per cent of the population at a rate higher than the national average
- Empower and promote the social, economic and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status
- Ensure equal opportunity and reduce inequalities of outcome, including by eliminating discriminatory laws, policies and practices and promoting appropriate legislation, policies and action in this regard
- Adopt policies, especially fiscal, wage and social protection policies, and progressively achieve greater equality
- Improve the regulation and monitoring of global financial markets and institutions and strengthen the implementation of such regulations
- Ensure enhanced representation and voice for developing countries in decision-making in global international economic and financial institutions in order to deliver more effective, credible, accountable and legitimate institutions
- Facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration and mobility of people, including through the implementation of planned and well-managed migration policies
- Implement the principle of special and differential treatment for developing countries, in particular least developed countries, in accordance with World Trade Organization agreements
- Encourage official development assistance and financial flows, including foreign direct investment, to States where the need is greatest, in particular least developed countries, African countries, small island developing States and landlocked developing countries, in accordance with their national plans and programmes
- Reduce to less than 3 per cent the transaction costs of migrant remittances and eliminate remittance corridors with costs higher than 5 per cent
A mobile application that guides blind commuters through the subway using beacon technology, inspired by molecule signaling and hormone transport.
A summer program for marginalized suburban youth that reinforces classroom lessons with hands-on projects, inspired by the process of angiogenesis.
A mobile and autonomous hygiene module available to migrants, refugees, and homeless people free of charge, inspired by the role of white blood cells in the immune system.
Center for Civic Engagement
A new branch of the Mayor’s Office helping to facilitate grassroots social innovation, inspired by the innate and adaptive immune systems.
An annual innovation competition in which teams of high school students from across Paris collaborate to solve the city's most pressing problems, inspired by the symbiotic relationship between red ants and acacia trees.
An ecological sister school program pairing students of different socioeconomic backgrounds, inspired by DNA repair mechanisms.
A network of publicly accessible refrigerators and pantries where Parisians can exchange excess fresh food, inspired by the way carbon dioxide travels from the cells to the lungs.
Les Galeries du Métro
A curatorial program in which Parisian museums "adopt" subway stations in the greater Paris region and choose artists-in-residence to decorate subway platforms, corridors, and entrances, inspired by the decorator crab.
An online platform to facilitate offline, bidirectional mentoring between youth (13-26) and Third Age adults (50-70), inspired by evolutionary arguments for intergenerational partnerships.
Joie de Vivre
A pop-up playground that facilitates child-directed play using upcycled materials, inspired by the mutualistic relationship between glucose and lactate.
Maison des Saisons
A facility that operates as a homeless shelter in the winter and a youth hostel in the summer, operated by formerly homeless youth, inspired by the diurnal processes of CAM plants.
A mobile service-learning game that uses GPS data to document the accessibility of Parisian sidewalks, inspired by the inflammatory immune response.
Storytelling workshops for migrants and refugees to learn how to communicate effectively about themselves in French, inspired by a protein that permits the expression of previously silenced DNA.
An energy efficiency program that captures excess heat from the subway to offset utility costs in low-income housing, inspired by electron transport chains in cells.
A weeklong cultural festival in which interviews with everyday Parisians are projected onto buildings, monuments, and infrastructure, inspired by endocrine signaling.
A truck and website offering educational resources about sexual health, inspired by the signaling cascade.
A mobile athletic facility that promotes gender inclusion in sports through unusual activities, inspired by hormone targeting.
A smart bench that reduces the digital divide by giving users access to job postings and other resources, inspired by synapses in the brain.