Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services.
- Increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
- Double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency.
- Enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology.
- Expand infrastructure and upgrade technology for supplying modern and sustainable energy services for all in developing countries, in particular least developed countries, small island developing States, and land-locked developing countries, in accordance with their respective programmes of support.
Harnessing the Seine
Hydroelectric kinetic turbines on the bed of the Seine that generate electricity for the subway system, inspired by the ATP synthase enzyme.
An energy efficiency program that captures excess heat from the subway to offset utility costs in low-income housing, inspired by electron transport chains in cells.